A little sunshine today but not much. I don't remember moving to Seattle but with all the rain we have had around here lately, it seems more like it every day.
The newest little goat survived the night. We were worried because she seemed so weak and disoriented. Ha...I guess she was.
When one gets dropped rudely into sticky straw upon one's head no less, that's enough to make anyone a little woozy. Both her outlets were working this morning so maybe she'll be ok. I was dreading having to carry a shovel out there.
After that little chore I decided to attack the numerous fire ant hills in my yard. The little varmits took up residence here while I was on the road and have made themselves quite at home. After firing up my weedburner, I spent a good while testing it. It was almost like popping corn. Since it has been so wet, I can't put out the bait to get rid of them so I probably bar-b-Q'd
several thousand of them. And, we are expecting more rain tonight.
I know it won't get rid of them but at least they will have something to report on their evening news broadcasts. If they are like us, there will be investigations, recriminations and firings galore, with plenty of blame to go around.
Plus, new laws to watch the horizon better for giant rubber booted attackers will be passed and endless bureaucracies created to deal with the problem. Which won't.
Meanwhile the survivors will have double work salvaging the upperworks I destroyed. Probably will have it all rebuilt by morning...hmmm...wonder if I can get my little propane bottles refilled
tonight.
On a different note, changes are coming to our household. The baby birds are fixin' to fly again and the nest is a wreck, what with Avon stuff everywhere and preparations for the big move in full swing. I am no slouch in the clutter-the-place up department but I have met my match.
Seriously, the kids are looking forward to a new phase in their lives and we hope all will go well.
I am a little earlier with this today so I can stay up a little longer tonight. Whoopee. Retirement is so engaging, I am underwhelmed.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment